Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. It's Thanksgiving, so besides family and food, there's football!
Framingham High will host Natick at 10 a.m. at Bowditch Field. This is one of the oldest football rivalries in the Commonwealth - more than a century old. Natick, which has a better record this season, is favored to win, but GO FLYERS! Admission is $7.
2. The Framingham Turkey Classic Road Race starts at 8 a.m. There is no same day registration as the race sold out. The race, sponsored by the Framingham Police Association and Framingham Fire Department Local 1652, raises money for the Veterans Outreach Center — MetroWest Chapter, who provide critical services to veterans of the MetroWest area. The 3.1 mile race starts and ends at the Framingham Police Station. There will several road detours and closures this morning.
3. The Marian Mustang chereleaders are scheduled to be a part of the Detroit Lions-Texans NFL halftime show on Thanksgiving Day. Game starts at 12:30 p.m. and it will televised on CBS (WBZ-TV, 4). Kid Rock is part of the halftime show.
The squad also got a chance to meet with former NFL quarterback and two-time Super Bowl Champion Phil Simms. Attached is a photo of the meeting, thanks to Heidi Zizza.
4. Today, more than 2,000 people may get a hot Thanksgiving meal thanks to the 24th Annual Curtis Family Thanksgiving at Eagles Hall between noon and 6 p.m. While the dinner prep is over, financial donations are still welcome. To donate, click here. Volunteers are also needed between 3 and 6 p.m.
5. And finally, football fans are treated to three NFL football games this year as the Patriots & Jets will complete the triple-header. Kick off is scheduled for 8:30 p.m. and can be viewed on NBC (WHDH-TV, 7).