5 Things You Need to Know Today: April 4
Heather Connolly will attend her first School Committee meeting tonight; she was elected to a 1-year term on Tuesday.
Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. Yesterday was election day in Framingham. Voter turnout was less than 10 percent at 9.97% or 3,484 votes cast. Heather Connolly was elected to a 1-year seat on the Framingham School Committee and Tom Mahoney and Stephanie Mercadetti were elected to the Framingham Planning Board. Town Meeting member results were unofficial and were being verified today by the Town Clerk's office.
2. The Framingham School Committee, with its newest member Heather Connolly, is scheduled to meet tonight at 7:30 in the King Building. The Committee is expected to re-organized itself and discuss the fiscal year 2013 budget recommended by the Superintendent of Schools.
3. Tonight, the public is invited to a Q&A session with Framingham Town Manager finalist Robert Halpin in the Blumer Room inside the Memorial Building. Afterwards, Selectmen will interview Halpin at 7 in the Ablondi Room.
4. Framingham High girls lacrosse team will face off against Andover High at 4 p.m. at the high school.
5. The public is invited to see former and current New England Patriots will tip off against the Framingham Police Athletic League in a basketball game at Framingham High tonight at 7. Donations accepte dto benefit the Framingham Police Athletic League.