5 Things You Need To Know Today: Aug. 29
School bells and buses, Fetherston campaign event tonight, fashion tales and music from the gaslight era all featured in today's column.
Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. School starts today for Framingham Public Schools students (except kindergarten) and students at several other school in Framingham. Please drive slow and watch for students walking to and from school.
2. Join Jon Fetherston at his Massachusetts Victory 2012 Office tonight from 5:30 to 7:30 at Suite 300 1671 Worcester Rd. for food, drink and fun in support of his candidacy for state representative serving Ashland and Framingham. The Republican National Convention will be shown on a large-screen TV. Paul Craney, Executive Director of the Massachusetts Fiscal Alliance will be a special guest. Suggested donation is $25. R.S.V.P. to Fetherston4Rep@gmail.com or call 508.816.6674 to reserve a spot.
3. Since today is the first day of school, we'd love to hear from our Patch readers what you wore on your first day of school, first day of junior high or high school. Tell us your fashion tales and upload your photos here.
4. Park and Recreation Commission will meet tonight at 7.
5. Join musician and educator John Root for Popular Music of the Gaslight Era (1890-1920) tonight at the main Framingham Library at 7. During the free event, he will perform a delightful repertoire of instrumental and vocal musical styles from the turn of the previous century.