5 Things You Need to Know Today: Dec. 2
Community pep rally for the 7th grade Framingham Jr. Flyers at Bowditch Field 7-8 tonight; the team leaves for the American Youth Football national playoffs tomorrow.
Our daily morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Wear your Flyer Blue & White tonight to Bowditch Field and cheer on the New England Regional Football Champions - 7th grade Framingham Flyers B football team. The team leaves for Florida tomorrow, to participate in the American Youth Football national championships. The team will have its final practice from 6-7 p.m. The community rally starts at 8 p.m. The public is invited to attend both events. Framingham Youth Football is trying to raise $45,000 for the cost of the week-long playoff trip to Florida for 30+ players and coaches. Donations are still needed.
2. Framingham High School Drama Company will stage Romeo & Juliet for the public tonight (and tomorrow night) at 7:30 at the high school's auditorium. Tickets are $12 online at www.showtix4u.com or $14 at the door.
3. Framingham Garden Club's will hold its annual Green Sale of wreaths and ceterpieces today from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Academy Building on Cushing Memorial Park. Enter via Winter Street entrance near Keefe Technical. The sale continues tomorrow.
4. Today is National Special Education Day. In the 2010-11 school year, 21.5% of the students in the Framingham Public Schools were listed as special education students.
5. Pablo Palooza will perform tonight at the British Beer Company. The funk/rock band is a favorite of Framingham Patch blogger Karen Douty. (I've heard them. They are a fun party band, that will make you want to dance.) Read her latest blog post on being a parent and enjoying an adult night out.