1. Watch that first step this morning! While it is snowing while I write this column, it is supposed to change over to freezing rain and maybe ice after 4 a.m.
Total snow accumulation, according to the National Weather Service in Taunton, for Framingham is estimated at 1-3 inches.
Hate me if you like, but I would have liked to have seen the 4-8 inches of snow as opposed to 1-3 inches of snow followed by freezing rain. Enjoy your day and if you are looking for things to do, below are four ideas!
2. Tonight is the starts of the Silverback Hockey Classic at Loring Arena. Puck drops at 6 with Catholic Memorial skating against St. John's of Shrewsbury. At 8 p.m., it will be Framingham High Flyers against Marshfield. The finals are scheduled for Saturday night. Admission $5.
2. The main Framingham Library is holding a Build-a-Bug 2-hour workshop this afternoon for students in grades 3-5 from 3:15 to 5:15 p.m. Pre-registration is required. Students will learn about simple machines, gears and energy while working in pairs to construct and race a LEGO bug. LEGOs are not taken home but a slideshow or movie of the event will be available for download.
3. Tonight, the main Framingham Library will hold a free screening of the 1945 movie I Know Where I’m Going! "The bleak and moody Scottish Hebrides are the backdrop for this romantic drama starring Wendy Hiller. Stranded by stormy weather, she meets a handsome naval officer (Roger Livesey) who slowly wins over her mercenary heart and threatens to derail her carefully laid plans." Refreshments will be served. Movie starts at 7 in the Costin room.
4. There is public skating at Loring Arena today from 10 a.m. to noon.
5. Stop by Whimsy for open craft time. Studio is open 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.