5 Things You Need To Know Today: Dec. 6
Outback Steakhouse announces opening date, parks & recreation program registration, doughraiser for Framingham Neighborhood Brigade at Uno's, McAuliffe Charter performances at Barnes & Noble and Framingham Winter Farmes market opens!
Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. Registration begins today for Framingham Parks & Recreation programming. The department is offering ski & snowboard lessons this year. There is also a one-day ski trip to Gunstock in New Hampshire during February school vacation week.
2. Framingham's Winter Farmers Market opens today at First Parish Church. The market will be held in the church's hall, which is handicap accessible. This is the first year the Framingham farmers market will be held in the winter, said manager Jackie Meninno. The market will be held the first Thursday of each month from noon to 5:30 p.m. through May. To see which vendors will there, click here.
3. In October, Framingham Patch was the first to report that Outback Steakhouse was coming to Framingham on Route 9. Tuesday night, Framingham Selectmen gave conditional approval to a new liquor license for Outback Steakhouse. The restaurant plans to open at the former site of the Big Papi's on Jan. 14. The approval is contingent upon the manager and general manager being approved by the police department.
4. Today is an early release day for Framingham elementary school students, so consider treating your child to lunch at Uno's and helping the Framingham Neighbor Brigade, which is holding a "Doughraiser." For additional information and the coupon to present at the restaurant, click here.
5. The Christa McAuliffe Regional Public Charter School is holding a fundraiser at Barnes & Noble Booksellers in Shoppers World. All day a percentage of sales, with the attached flyer presented at the register with go to the middle school. Between 4-7 p.m. there will be performances from the after-school clubs. At 4:15 pm hear recitations in Chinese. At 5 p.m. listen to the Broadway Club singers perform and at 6 p.m. see a snippet of Shakespeare.