5 Things You Need To Know Today: Feb. 11 Post-Blizzard Edition
Curbside trash/recycling pick up today, schools closed, please shovel out hydrants and more in today's column.
Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. Framingham is still cleaning up from this past weekends storm. The Blizzard of 2013 dropped 32.2 inches of snow in town, according to a trained spotter of the National Weather Service.
2. As sidewalks and roads are not completely cleared, Framingham Public Schools are closed today, said Superintendent Stacy Scott. This now means the last day of school is Monday, June 24. Due to a scheduled professional development day and couples with the Blizzard, students have been treated to a mini, 5-day February vacation before the scheduled February vacation.
Mass Bay Community College and Framingham State University students both have classes today.
3. This morning's first step could be slippery, as rain -- even freezing rain -- is forecasted for today. So watch your step putting out the trash and recycling bins. Yes, there is cubside trash and recycling pick up today.
4. If you are done digging out your driveway and everywhere else around your house, please take a few minutes to dig out the closest fire hydrant to your house.
5. Many residents in town found out about the latest news during the Blizzard other than our main site. They checked us out on Framingham Patch Facebook page, followed us on Twitter or received a breaking news alerts.
We are very close to reaching 2,000 fans on Facebook and 1,000 followers on Twitter. We appreciate the support as we are just a little over 2 years old. We launched Framingham Patch on Dec. 1, 2010.