Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. Today is the 100th day of school in the Framingham Public Schools.
2. Framingham School Committee is scheduled to meet tonight at 7 p.m. in the King Building. There is a long agenda, including a presentation of free full-day kindergarten beginning with the 2012-13 school year.
3. Former McCarthy Elementary School Principal Edward F. Convery died on Sunday, Feb. 5. He was principal of the school from 1969 until his retirement in 1990. Calling hours are Thursday, Feb. 9 from 2-4 and 7-9 p.m. at Eugene J. McCarthy and Sons Funeral Home. A Funeral Mass will be held Friday at St. Stephen's Church at 10 a.m.
4. Today is the last day for incumbent Town Meeting members to file written notice of intent to seek re-election with the Town Clerk's office. The deadline is 5 p.m. Election day is Tuesday, April 3. Those seeking to run for Town Meeting for the first time must file 25 signatures from registered voters in their current precinct with the Town Clerk's office by Tuesday, Feb. 14 at 5 p.m.
5. Framingham Selectmen are scheduled to meet tonight at 7 inside the Memorial Building. There are several closed session meetings before the public meeting, including one involving negitiations with the interim Town Manager.