5 Things You Need To Know Today: Jan. 18
Undefeated boys swim team, babies at the Danforth Museum, Willy Wonka at Fuller and flags at half-staff today all featured in this column.
Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. The undefeated Framingham High boys swim team has a meet against Brookline tonight at 7 at Keefe Tech's pool. Go cheer on the Flyers!
2. Fuller Middle School students will perform the second of three shows of its musical Willy Wonka tonight at 7. Tickets are $5 in advance at the school and $7 at the door. The final performance is Saturday at 5 p.m.
3. Bring your Baby to the Danforth Museum of Art today at 10 a.m. The program is for parents with babies, from birth to 12 months, where the galleries will be closed to others. Light refreshments will be served. Drop-ins welcomed. $12 per adult Babies are free.
4. Interim Town Moderator Teri Banerjee is accepting applicants for vacancies on Moderator Appointed Committees:
- Government Study Committee - 3 Vacancies: 1 to expire in 2013, 1 to expire in 2014, 1 to expire in 2015
- Real Property Committee - 1 Vacancy to expire in 2015
- Tech Advisory Committee Vacant - 1 Vacancy to expire in 2014
If you wish to be considered for any of the above vacancies, or have any questions regarding the committees, please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Gov. Deval L. Patrick has ordered that the United States and Commonwealth flags be lowered to half-staff at all state buildings from sunrise until sunset today, Jan. 18 in honor of Pfc. Antonio Syrakos of Lynn who died Jan. 10, 2013.