5 Things You Need To Know Today: Jan. 28
Lots of Restaurant news in today's column - Burger night at LandoZ Hometowne Grille, new breakfast cafe, Outback opens and update on Chef Orient and Samba Steak & Sushi.
Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
So lots of new food news, to start your week.
1. Outback Steakhouse opened this weekend. Who had a meal there over the weekend? What did you think? Tell us in the comments.
2. There is a new breakfast place in Framingham Frescafe opened at 82 Concord St. this month and the Framingham Downtown Reniassance organization has given it rave reviews. Framingham Patch plans to check it out this week.
3. The new Chef Orient was open Sunday. Kids ate free and there was a magician to entertain families. The new owner is the owner of Samba Steak & Sushi, which was forced to close Friday when their pipes burst due to cold weather. The restaurant is working on repairs. Samba Steak & Sushi will be closed today. Check back to Framingham Patch for when it will open.
4. LandoZ Hometowne Grille is holding burger night - $2.99 for burger & fries. Tell them you heard about it on Framingham Patch.
5. Finally, the 10th annual Flutie Bowl is tonight. The event benefits the Doug Flutie Jr. Foundation for Autism, based in Framingham. Last minute tickets are still available at www.flutiebowl10.eventbrite.com. Celebrity bowlers include New England Patriots Julian Edelman and Kyle Arrington, with Patriots Alumni Doug Flutie, Joe Andruzzi, Eric Alexander, Jermaine Wiggins, Kevin Faulk, and Max Lane.