Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. The "Brazilian Blur" was in Framingham Thursday at Wal-Mart, no less. The Boston Celtics guard Leandro Barbosa was signing autographs, as part of a promotional tour for Xfinity TV. He tweeted "It was really nice to sign some autograph and take some photos with the fans with @XFINITY_TV at Walmart Framingham!!!" The promotional stop was sponsored by Framingham radio station 650 AM WSRO with Xfinity TV. Barbosa tweeted several photos - a couple are attached to this column. And thanks to Framingham Patch reader Ramuel Raagas for the attached video, too.
2. Tomorrow, Framingham High School's student government is sponsoring a free electronics recycling drive. Residents can drop off old computers, televisions, printers, microwaves between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. at the high school.
3. Tonight the Framingham High Lady Flyers will take to the court against Needham at 6:30. Go cheer them on!
4. Sunday is FREE lesson day at the Performing Arts Center of MetroWest. Between 1-5 p.m. on Sunday, Jan 6 students can try a private lesson in piano, violin, viola, cello, guitar, ukulele, flute, clarinet, saxophone, trumpet, trombone or drums and tour the Arts Center. Reservations required by calling the PAC office at 508-875-5554. Walk-ins will be accommodated if any spaces left.
5. And take a few moments today to read Framingham Patch blogger Ingrid Peschke's lastest post -- Les Miserables Delivers a Healing Message for the New Year.