Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. The MetroWest Chamber of Commerce is hosting a Business after Hours at Samba Steak & Sushi tonight frm 5:30 to 7. Admission $10 for Chamber and BNI members. Duing this networking event see what Samba has to offer your business. They specialize in Hibachi (Teppanyaki), Sushi and entrées that fuse traditional Japanese cuisine with South American spices and culinary techniques. Non-members $20.
2. Forecasters are predicting it will reach 100 degrees today, Stay hydrated. Framingham's three town beaches are open today from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. All three beaches - Learneds, Saxonville and Waushakum require a beach pass for admittance. Resident season passes may be purchased at the Parks & Recreation office. Cost is $15 per person or $40 per family. Daily passes can be purchased at each beach - $3 per person for resident and $6 per person for non-resident. Lifeguards are at all three beaches.
3. Governor Deval Patrick will participate in a live broadcast at WSRO 650 AM, in Framingham today.
4. Framingham Historic District Commission is scheduled to meet tonight in Nevins Conference Room in the Memorial Building at 7:30.
5. Republican candidate for U.S. Congressman Jeff Semon will be in Framingham tonight at a fundriasing event at Ken's Steak House. Framingham resident Mary Z. Connaughton will be Semon's special guest at the 30-minute VIP reception at 6 at $500 per person. The public is also invited to the a second reception at 6:30 p.m. at $100 per person. Young Republicans may attend for $35.