5 Things You Need To Know Today: July 19
Do you want to make good meals at camp but feel unsure how to cook them? Would you like tips on what to bring and how to make the most of cooking in the outdoors? REI has a free introduction to campsite cooking tonight.
1. Highs will be in the 80s today and could reach 90. It is expected to get even hotter by week's end. The town's three public beaches are a great place to cool off. The town's three beaches are open today from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. The beaches, run by the Parks and Recreation Department, are Learneds Pond, Saxonville Beach and Lake Waushakum. A beach pass is needed or you can pay the daily rate $3 for residents and $6 for non-residents. Individual and family season passes can be purchased at the Parks and Recreation office.
2. Framingham Retirement Board is scheduled to meet at 10 a.m. in the Blumer room inside the Memorial Building.
3. The Town of Framingham announced yesterday there is now a mobile version of its web site available. 'With this new tool, the Town's website is mobile friendly, giving citizens the ability to easily access and browse Framingham's website on their mobile phone. Depending on the type of mobile phone, this feature should automatically detect a mobile phone browser and display the mobile version of your website accordingly. If the mobile version does not display, there is a link on the left side of the home page to access the mobile version. Also, a mobile phone user will still have the option to view the full site if they choose to do so by clicking the "Full Website" link at the top of the mobile web page." Also don't forget to get the Patch app on your iphone. You can get all your Framingham news, even if you are away on vacation.
4. ACI Career Training on Newbury Street is holding a western-themed BBQ from 5 to 6 p.m. have your photo taken in a western scene with cowboy props. They are celebrating the grand opening of its Braintree location today.
5. REI in Framingham will hold a free 90-minute lecture on camp cooking basics tonight at 7. Do you want to make good meals at camp but feel unsure how to cook them? Would you like tips on what to bring and how to make the most of cooking in the outdoors? Join REI for this introductory class on campsite cooking. No experience is necessary but pre-registration is requested.