5 Things You Need To Know Today: July 8
A service will be held at 1 p.m. at the Eastleigh Home Farm for Edgar Charles Pless, the farm manager at Eastleigh Farm, who died on Tuesday July 3.
Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. A service will be held today at 1 p.m. for Edgar Charles Pless, the farm manager at Eastleigh Farm, who died on Tuesday July 3. The public is invited to the memorial event at the Eastleigh Home Farm, 1084 Grove St. A fund has been set up in Pless' name - Edgar C. Pless Agricultural Award. This award will be presented yearly by the family to a graduating high school senior considering an education or career in dairy, or animal husbantry.
2. July is National Blueberries Month. Anyone have a favorite blueberry recipe to share? Post it below.
3. Jack's Abby Brewing will hold tours and a tasting today from noon to 5 p.m.
4. Where do you go for dry-cleaning in Framingham? Nominate your favorite spot here. We'll accept nominations through tomorrow, July 9. After that, we'll create a poll based on your nominations, and start the voting.
5. There is a Oneness Blessing at 4 p.m. today at the new spirit center at Edwards Church. All are invited.