5 Things You Need To Know Today: June 21
Saxonville, Learneds and Waushakum beaches open today!
Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation
1. Framingham could break a record today and it also could hit triple-digit temperatures, too. For the second day in a row, temperatures are expected to be at least 90 degrees. For tips on how to stay cool and hydrated, click here.
2. The town's three beaches - Learneds, Saxonville and Waushakum open today at 10 a.m. Beach passes are required for admittance. Resident season passes may be purchased at the Parks & Recreation office. Cost is $15 per person or $40 per family. Daily passes can be purchased at each beach - $3 per person for resident and $6 per person for non-resident.
3. Framingham Farmer's Market is open today from noon to 5:30 p.m. on the Framingham Centre Common, at Edgell Road and Vernon Street. This week's vendors include Copicut Farm, EL Silvia Farm, Globe Fish, Great Harvest Bread, Hanson Farm, Hillside Beef, Lemonade by When Life Gives you Lemons, Natick Organic Farm, Nobscot Artisan Cheese, Pasta by Fior Ditalia, Velma's Kettle Corn, Zoll Cellars Wine and Westminster Meat. Sudbury Valley Trustees will be at the Outreach Tent. On the Edge knife sharpening will be at the market today and will do sharpening on site. Remember to stop by the manager's tent to enter the free weekly raffle and tell them you heard about the Farmer's Market on Framingham Patch!
4. The new Open Spirit Center is hosting a community yoga class at 9:30 a.m. For all levels of expertise; our teacher offers modifications to fit a variety of abilities. Cost is by donation. Suggested donation is $12; contribute as you are able.
5. Escape the heat at the Danforth Museum of Art. Today at 10 a.m. there is a Bring Your Baby to the Museum event, good for caregivers (of all ages) with infants from birth to 18 months. Cost is $12 per family. The event is free for museum members.