Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. Today is the 11th Annual Riverfest celebration, which celebrates the Sudbury, Assabet and Concord Wild and Scenic Rivers. The event features more than 30 events in 11 communities and is open to all who want to experience the beautiful rivers flowing through our communities. View a complete list of events, here
From 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on the Framingham Centre Common there will be family-friendly events, including activities for children, exhibits by local artists, food vendors.
The Friends of Saxonville is celebrating with an Historic Talk and Walk at the Athenaeum from 2 to 3 p.m. followed by an Ice Cream Social on the Athenaeum lawn at 3 p.m. Kevin A. Swope, author of The Saxonville Mills: Three Centuries of Industry in Framingham will give a short presentation about the importance of the Sudbury River to the Saxonville area
2. Fountain Street Fine Art is hosting a reception today, June 23 from 5-7 p.m. for its newest exhibit Internal Combustion, a juried art show. The Juried show celebrates the gallery’s industrial roots and speaks to the transformative power of imagination. The gallery is open today 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
3. Want to find a bargain? Check out our list of weekend yard sales. Please add yours!
4. Musaner takes the stage at Amazing Things Arts Center tonight at 8. Musaner is Armenia and the Balkans folk music. Musaner's music includes original compositions, as well as arrangements of folk music.
5. Although it is no longer 90 degrees, you can still head to the beach today. Learneds Pond, Saxonville and Waushakum Lake are open this weekend from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Beach passes are required for admittance. Resident season passes may be purchased at the Parks & Recreation office. Cost is $15 per person or $40 per family. Daily passes can be purchased at each beach - $3 per person for resident and $6 per person for non-resident.