Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. Framingham Selectmen are sponsoring the lone article on the Special Town Meeting warrant tonight at 7:30 in Nevins Hall. Article 1 asks Town Meeting members to lower the age eligibility for a senior tax break of $500 from 70 to 65. An amendment is expected to be added to the lone article by Precinct 4 chair and Town Meeting member Larry Schmeidler. The deadline for seniors to apply for the tax credit is March 30. Framingham Patch will be live blogging during Special Town Meeting.
2. Framingham Patch will be holding office hours tonight from 6-7 at Nevins Hall inside the Memorial Building before the start of Framingham Special Town Meeting at 7:30 p.m. Stop by to chat with editor Susan Petroni or advertising manager Steve Antonellis.
3. Potter Road Elementary will hold its Wax Museum at 6 p.m. Parents please upload your photos from the event here. We'd love to see them!
4. Are you a Framingham resident running in the upcoming Boston Marathon? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you run and how long you've done it for. We are looking for residents to feature on Framingham Patch.
5. The Framingham High School Chapter of Best Buddies is holding a fundraiser at California Pizza Kitchen in the Natick Mall all day; 20% of the check will be donated to Best Buddies. Best Buddies® is a organization dedicated to creating one-to-one friendships, integrated employment and leadership development for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Please mention the fundriaser when dining in or taking out food.