5 Things You Need To Know Today: March 22
Break a leg to the Framingham High School Drama Company who for the 9th time in 10 years is competing in the finals of the Massachusetts Drama Festival tonight!
Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. Break a leg to the Framingham High School Drama Company. The Company is one of 14 high schools in the state competing in the finals of the Massachusetts Educational Theatre Guild's Drama Festival this weekend.
Framingham High has qualified for the finals nine of the last 10 years.
The winner of the festival will be announced Saturday night.
2. Catch the one-man show of Richard Kattman at Fountain Street Fine Art gallery between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. today. Kattman, an award-winning artist, landscape architect, and photographer from Holliston, bases his paintings on landscape and the intuitive, emotive mind. The gallery is also open to the public Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
3. The Ruach Center on Edgell Road will hold a Seminar titled Awakening the Spirit with Father Peter Bowes at 7:30 p.m. Admission $25.
4. Erin and The Soul Drivers will take the stage at 9:30 p.m. at the Chicken Bone.
5. Framingham Public Library is inviting the community to participate in the 3rd Annual Framingham Reads Together event this month.
The town-wide “one book, one community” program, this time around is Nathaniel Philbrick’s In the Heart of the Sea: The Tragedy of the Whaleship Essex.