5 Things You Need To Know Today: May 10 [VIDEO]
Musical duo Notorious, featuring Larry Unger on guitar and banjo and Eden MacAdam-Somer on fiddle and vocals, performs at the main Framingham Library at 7.
Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. Musical duo Notorious returns to the main Framingham Library tonight at 7.
Notorious features Larry Unger on guitar and banjo and Eden MacAdam-Somer on fiddle and vocals. They perform a great variety of music including traditional American, Celtic, Swing and Eastern-European tunes. Sponsored in part by The Friends of the Framingham Library, the concert is free.
2. AccessFramingham still has a few spaces in its basic camcorder workshop on Thursday nights, which begins tonight at 7. The public access organization's camcorder workshop is a great way to get involved in the community media center. Folks who complete this workshop can check out our professional camcorders and produce programs and cover a wide range of events of their choosing for telecast on AF-TV (RCN Channel 3, Comcast Channel 9, and Verizon Channel 43.) The workshop runs three consecutive Thursday nights from 7 to 9 p.m. The Access Framingham workshops are included in the $30 annual membership fee.
3. Sunday, May 13 Rabbi Bazer is the guest speaker at the Temple Beth Sholom breakfast. He will speak on his experience in Afghanistan. Breakfast starts at 9:30 a.m. Admission is $8. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Today is the last early release day for elementary, middle and high school students in the Framingham Public Schools.
5. Framingham Town Meeting - night 9 - is set to resume tonight at 7:30, or when a quorum is reached, at Nevins Hall inside the Memorial Building. Town Meeting members will continue with article 34, the town's operating budget. To read what happened Wednesday night, read Framingham Patch's live blog of night 8. To see what you missed on nights 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 read our other live blogs.
Editor's Note: There may not be a live blog for tonight's Town Meeting. I will not be attending, but Framingham Patch will have a reporter/writer at the meeting.