5 Things You Need To Know Today: May 25
There will be soccer under the lights, starting at 6:30 p.m., at Bowditch Field to kick off the 31st Annual Memorial Day Classic Soccer Tournament.
Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. The Marian High School class of 2012 will graduate tonight at 7 in the school's auditorium.
2. There will be soccer under the lights at Bowditch Field to kick off the 31st Annual Memorial Day Classic Soccer Tournament. More than 100 teams from New England and New York will compete in the two-day tournament on Saturday and Sunday. Tonight, The Framingham Storm, a U14 girls team will play the Bristol R.I. Force at 6:30 p.m. followed by a 7:45 p.m. game between the Framingham Bandits, a U14 boys team, against the Academy Squad 1 team from Sudbury. Admission is free.
3. Framingham High School's senior prom is tonight Fairmont Copley in Boston beginning at 7 p.m. Please share your pre-prom and prom photos with Framingham Patch and upload them at this link.
4. Olympus on My Mind ends it runs at the Amazing Things Arts Center this weekend. The musical comedy tell the tale Jupiter's transformation from "one wild and crazy god" into a deity of love and compassion. The production features Framingham’s Dayna Demers as Delores, an ex-Vegas showgirl whose husband backed the show, and Jim Fitzpatrick, a Meditech programmer, as Jupiter, the god who comes to earth on a whim and learns about love. Tonight's show starts at 8.
5. Starting tomorrow, Saturday May 26 more than 100 retailers, restaurants, cultural institutions and recreational areas in 19 communities throughout the MetroWest region of Massachusetts will be holding scores of promotions and special events for visitors and local residents alike through June 3 during a new, region-wide program, “Shop & Explore MetroWest,” launched by the MetroWest Tourism & Visitors Bureau.