5 Things You Need To Know Today: Oct. 13
Busy fall Saturday: Farm Pond Fall Festival, Pies on the Commonm Boys adventure club at the library and so much more featured in today's column.
Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. The inaugural Farm Pond Fall Festival, sponsored by the Framingham Downtown Renaissance, taks place today from noon to 4 p.m.
2. The 22nd Annual Pies on the Common happens from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The annual fall festival, sponsored by First Parish in Framingham, features hundreds of homemade pies for sale. Come early for best selection. More than three dozen craft vendors will also be at the event. There will be food and kids activities. It's a great family event. Free admission and free parking.
3. Registration for the Winter 2012-13 Framingham Recreation Swim Team is Saturday, Oct. 13 at the Academy Building at Cushing Memorial Park from 9 to 10 a.m.
4. Circle of Friends Preschool's Annual Fall Festival takes place today from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Families are welcome to attend. The event is catered to preschoolers, who can decorate a pumpkin, have their face painted, play games, jump in a moonbounce and more. A police vehicle and fire truck are expected to make an appearance for the little ones to climb, explore and take photos with.
5. The main Framingham Library unveils its All-New, All-Different Boys’ Adventure Club! today at 2 p.m. For ages 8-10, the Club will meet monthly to discuss topics like mythology, mysteries, super heroes, comic books and more! Pre-registration is required.
BONUS: Sponsored by the Center of Light, Chris Williams will perform a concert at Open Spirit: A Place of Hope, Health, and Harmony on the campus of Edwards Church at 7 tonight. Suggested admission $15-25. Williams is a Nashville songwriter, storyteller and entertainer.