5 Things You Need To Know Today: Oct. 28
Hurricane Sandy, artists Katherine Downey Miller and Jane Lund, and Zombie Prom's final performance featured in today's column.
Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. The effects of Hurricane Sandy are expected tor each New England and Framingham late tonight and Monday. Click here for 7 things you should do before it hits.
2. Today at 2 p.m. is the final performance of Zombie Prom at the Performing Arts Center of MetroWest. Advanced tickets are $16 and $14 for youths and seniors. Tickets at the door will be $2 more, if the show is not sold out. To purchase tickets, call the PAC office at 508-875-5554.
3. The Danforth Museum is hosting a Katherine Downey Miller Closing Reception today at 2 p.m. It is free with museum admission. Her exhibit Meditations reflects internal human energy through the use of color and media. Miller says that painting is the most liberating form of expression for her. See how in the closing of her exhibit.
4. At 3 p.m. at the Danforth Museum of Art, listen to an Artist Talk with Jane Lund. Free with admission to the museum, Lund will talk about her exhibit Home Body, with its unique use of media.
5. There are more than 20 open houses today. We highlighted a few in our House Hunt column. Click here to see them.