Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. Framingham Public Schools are closed today; so are most of the private schools.
Parents: Mark your calendars the last day of school is now Thursday, June 20, 2013.
Framingham State University has cancelled classes and Mass Bay Community College has cancelled classes on the Framingham campus before 4 p.m. ESL classes at Fuller Middle School on tonight have been cancelled.
The Framingham branch of the MetroWest YMCA will open at 7:30 a.m., but as of midnight there was no hot water. The Early Childhood Center also will open at the same time. All instructional classes are cancelled through 1 p.m. But very important to working parents, the out-of-school-time program will open at 8:30 a.m. at the Framingham branch only.
2. Framingham municipal offices, which closed at 11 a.m. Monday, are excepted to re-open today by noon. The Framingham Library and its McAuliffe Branch may also open at noon. Check back here for updates.
Trash and recycling pick-up for the remainder of the week will be picked up one day late. Leaves will be picked up, but may be delayed.
3. Many local businesses are also doing delayed opening today. For example, the Natick Mall is not scheduled to open until noon.
Whole Foods Framingham opened at 7 a.m. -- a good place to get a warm bite to eat and charge your cell phone.
Businesses: Please feel free to update customers by posting in the comments below.
4. Please call ahead before attending any events in our calendar. Many have been cancelled or rescheduled.
5. Finally, the #3 ranked Framingham Jr. Flyers 8th grade football team is scheduled to play tonight at Bowditch Field at 7:45 p.m. against Needham.
At midnight, it was unknown if the game would be postponed to Thursday.
The 6th grade Framingham Youth Football team, ranked in the top 20 in the nation, is scheduled to play at 6 p.m. at Bowditch Field against Natick.