5 Things You Need To Know Today: Sept. 12
Win for the Flyers, handful of school events tonight, Saxonville history talk at the main library and Framingham resident presents gift to Town of Framingham at 9/11 memorial service all featured in today's column.
Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. The main Framingham Library will host Local History Talk: The Saxonville Mills: Three Centuries of Industry in Framingham with author Kevin A. Swope. The free event starts at 7 p.m.
2. Handful of school events tonight:
- Hemenway Elementary K-2 Curriculum Night 6:30 p.m.
- McCarthy Elementary PTO 7 p.m.
- Stapleton Elementary PTO 7 p.m.
- Walsh Middle School PTO 7 p.m.
- Potter Road Elementary PTO 7:15 p.m.
Framingham Patch spoke at the TWPTO meeting on Tuesday night, about how PTOs and schools can get coverage on Patch. If you would like for someone to speak at you PTO meeting or school staff meeting - presentation is less than 15 minutes - please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Parents of Framingham Public Schools students, reminder Thursday, Sept. 13 will be the first early release of the school year. Plan accordingly.
4. During Tuesday's memorial service for 9/11 at Cushing Memorial Park, Framingham Selectmen thanked Michael Mahon, of Framingham, who donated his football jersey from the Montreal Alouettes to the Town of Framingham, in tribute to the 17 individuals with ties to Framingham, who died on Sept. 11, 2001.
5. Lucas Meira scored both goals in Framingham's tie with Needham High yesterday in boy's soccer action. The Flyers are now 1-1-1.
We love it when you text us the scores of high school games. If you would like to see more coverage of your favorite youth or high school sports team, click on this link.