5 Things You Need To Know Today: Sept. 15
Framingham Centre Nursery School is hosting a fundraiser at Ben & Jerry's from 5-7pm. in Natick. The school will receive 25% of all proceeds during that time. No coupons necessary.
Our daily morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. The Knox Trail Council of the Boy Scouts of America is holding a reception to honor Framingham resident Janet Leombruno tonight at Ken's Steak House. Tickets may be purchased at the door. $35 per person. The social hour starts at 6, event program starts at 6:45.
2. Author and retired Massachusetts trial judge Gordon A. Martin Jr. will present Count them One by One: Black Mississippians Fighting for the Right To Vote, a history talk at the main Framingham Library at 7. Copies of Martin's book will be available for purchase and signing. Refreshments provided by Trader Joe's.
3. Framingham Centre Nursery Schoolis hosting a fundraiser at Ben & Jerry's from 5-7pm. in Natick. The school will receive 25% of all proceeds during that time. No coupons necessary.
4. The Heritage Chorale will hold auditions at First Parish Church in Framingham at 7:45 p.m. The Heritage Chorale, under the direction of John Finney, is celebrating its Gala 75th Anniversary Year as a non-profit chorus. Its 90-plus singers come from more than 25 communities within MetroWest and beyond
5. Tonight is the annual Framingham High Open House from 7-9. Parents will follow their child's daily schedule with 10-minute classes in each period. Schedules were distributed to students in homeroom on Wednesday. All parents should also stop by the cafeteria to provide updated contact information for school records. Principal Michael Welch is recommending carpooling and to arrive early as "parking will be a challenge."