5 Things You Need To Know Today: Sept. 18 [VIDEO]
Lorax at the library, ice cream to help an elementary school and a breakfast to encourage unity among immigrants and non-immigrants and to support the downtown business community featured in today's column.
Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. Due to the Jewish holiday, Framingham Public Schools are closed again today.
2. The main Framingham Library will hold a free showing of the movie The Lorax at 2 p.m. (See movie preview attached to this column.)
3. Framingham State University and an organization called Welcoming Framingham is hosting a breakfast this morning to kick off its "Welcome Here" campaign for businesses and residents.
4. The Framingham High girls field hockey team will take on Braintree at 3:45 p.m. at the field behind the King Building.
5. Help Brophy Elementary School by having an ice cream at Ben & Jerry's tonight. The school's PTO is holding a fundraiser at the Natick store. A percentage of all sales between 6:30 and 8:30 p.m. will raise funds enrichment activities for students.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.