5 Things You Need to Know Today: April 5 [VIDEO]
Spring registration for Framingham Parks & Recreation programs begins today at 9 a.m.
Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. Love acapella? Then make plans to attend the main Framingham Library tonight at 7 for a free concert. The Triple the Fun Concert features The Copley Cats and Common Sound with MIT Logarhythms!, as the warm-up act. (Check out the warm up act performing Moves like Jagger in the attached video.)
2. Registration for spring programs, including a basketball clinic, karate, tennis lessons and Taekwondo begin at 9 a.m. today at the Framingham Parks & Recreation office. For more information on the programs visit: www.framinghamma.gov/parks
3. Tonight is newly-elected Planning Board member Stephanie Mercandetti's first Planning Board meeting. Mercandetti and incumbent Tom Mahoney won the two seats on the five-member board in Tuesday's election. Meeting starts at 7:30 p.m. in the Memorial Building.
4. Tonight, the public is invited to a Q&A session with Framingham Town Manager finalist Robin Crosbie in the Blumer Room inside the Memorial Building. Afterwards, Selectmen will interview Crosbie at 7 in the Ablondi Room.
5. And finally, it's opening day for the Boston Red Sox. They will take on the Tigers in Detroit at 1:30 p.m.