Framingham Advertises for Assistant Town Manager
Position pays between $96,559 to $116,625 annually.
With David Williams headed to Sherborn to be its Town Administrator, the Town of Framingham Wednesday began advertising for a new Assistant Town Manager.
The Assistant Town Manager position pays between $96,559 to $116,625 annually, according to the job posting on the town's website.
The job posting lists the position's duties as:
- Assists Town Manager on a variety of town management issues involving town-wide planning and other special projects
- Acts as Ch. 30 B procurement officer, per the Special Act, management of all activities related to purchasing and/or contracting for supplies, equipment and services for all departments.
- Acts as Civil Rights and ADA Coordinator.
- Oversees the administration of policies and practices as delegated by the Town Manager.
- Supervises staff as assigned including Purchasing, Building Services and Media Services departments, administers departmental budget. In conjunction with Town Manager, establishes and oversees departmental procedures.
- Performs administrative, planning and technical work to manage/coordinate town resources.
- Promotes effective working relationships with town boards, committees and serves as citizen and press relations contact as assigned.
- Liaison with municipal, state and federal agencies, officials and personnel.
- Represents the Town Manager in collective bargaining as assigned.
- Responsible for determining the need for additional grants, serving as a grants liaison within Town Departments and between Town Departments and grantors. Coordinate the writing of grant applications, and maintaining a grants related database.
Anyone applying should have B.S. degree in public administration or related field is required, with a Master’s degree preferred and 3-5 years of directly related experience, progressively responsible municipal management experience required.