At a time when the economy has made reducing support of non-profits the order of the day, the MetroWest Women’s Alliance, a collaborative initiative of the United Way of Tri-County and the MetroWest Chamber of Commerce, is doing its part to engage, educate and empower women and girls in the region.
In its second year, the Alliance awarded grants to:
- New Hope, for their Shelter Economic Empowerment program
- Advocates Inc. for their Teen Safe Program
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of MetroWest for their SMART Girl Program
- Spina Bifida Association for their BLING Teen Empowering program
- Town of Holliston for their Rape Defense (RAD) program
- Nashoba Regional High School for their RAD extension program
In 2011 the Alliance distributed 15 mini-grants to MetroWest non-profit organizations who run programs that empower women and girls of all ages.
Mini-Grant applications are available in May and November and can be accessed at www.uwotc.org/mwa.For additional information contact Leanne Cordischi at email@example.com or at 508-370-4857.