Snow, Sleet and Freezing Rain for Tonight
The National Weather Service is predicting some slippery conditions for Framingham tonight, and the Massachusetts State Police released some advised to motorists.
With snow transitioning to freezing rain by 10 p.m., things could get slippery out there in Framingham.
In Framingham, the forecast details at least one inch of snow with precipitation transitioning over to freezing rain by 10 p.m. tonight.
The chance of freezing rain will continue into Tuesday.
The Massachusetts State Police, headquartered in Framingham, issues the following advice:
While this coming storm is not expected to bring heavy accumulation the timing is less than ideal as its expected to make its way across the Commonwealth during peak afternoon travel times. This can cause major delays in traffic, accidents and other headaches making the daily commute stressful. We remind the motoring public to take steps to prepare for the inclement weather and offer the following driving tips to help you in navigating the commute:
- Don’t panic, its New England and we’ve been here before and remember to be patient with those operators with less skill driving in these expected conditions.
- Plan on budgeting extra time for your commute.
- Slow down. Snow and freezing rain can create icy road conditions.
- Leave plenty of distance between your vehicle and the vehicles around you.
- Please, don’t be lulled into a false sense of security, your four-wheel drive vehicle does not ensure you have better stopping or steering capabilities.
- Please give the plows and sanders a wide berth as they are working to keep road conditions manageable.
- Texting while driving is still unlawful and the use of only one earpiece for your cellphone is permitted. Your attention to driving is essential for your safety and to those around you.
- Be sure to take the time to clear accumulated snow off of your vehicle:
- Heavy chunks of snow coming off of buses and trucks can cause heavy damage to other vehicles
- Clearing off just enough snow to barely see out of a small cleared spot in your windshield doesn’t count.
- Road rage will not get to your destination any faster, don’t engage other operators in aggressive driving. Please note your location and call 911 if you observe such behavior.