Storm Central: UPDATED News You Need To Know
Updates on closures, cancellations, and postponements.
Updated 5:50 p.m. -- Framingham Public Schools closed on Wednesday
* Framingham has declared a snow emergency from noon today until 6 p.m. on Thursday. Parking bans are in effect.
* Framingham DPW: Due to the snow storm there will be no curbside trash or recycling collection on Wednesday, Feb. 2. Wednesday collection will occur Thursday. Please do not place your trash or recycling for collection until Wednesday evening or Thursday morning before 7 a.m. For the remainder of the week, all scheduled trash and recycling collection will be delayed one day similar to a holiday schedule.
* Due to the weather, Town of Framingham will waive interest charges up to $15 on 2011 3rd quarter real estate tax bills. Payments must be received by close of business on 2/3.
* Framingham Board of Health's Free Flu Vaccine Clinic has been RESCHEDULED for Tuesday Feb. 8 from 3 to 7 p.m. due to the storm. The event will be held at Keefe Tech.
*Framingham library will be closing an hour early on Tuesday at 8 a.m.
* MetroWest Chamber of Commerce offices closed early today and will be closed tomorrow, Feb. 2.
* Framingham Public Schools are dismissing students early (Tuesday).
* After-school activities for Framingham Public Schools have been cancelled.
* St. Bridget School was dismissed at 11 a.m.
* Framingham State University is closing today at 2;30 p.m. The University will be closed tomorrow, Feb. 2
* Tonight’s Framingham State University men’s and women’s basketball doubleheader at Bridgewater State University has been postponed due to the winter weather conditions. The doubleheader has been rescheduled for Thursday, Feb. 10 at Bridgewater State.
* MetroWest Y is cancelling afternoon & evening classes, including childwatch as of 1 p.m.
* YMCA after-school programs are closing at 3 p.m.
* MetroWest Medical Center is closing its Blood Donor Room at 2 p.m. today & will be closed all day tomorrow, Wed., Feb. 2
* Framingham School Committee meeting tonight has been cancelled. It has been rescheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 8
* Selectmen meeting tonight has been cancelled.
* The Main Library Book Club, scheduled to take place tonight, Tuesday, Feb. 1, has been cancelled due to the snowstorm. It will now take place on Thursday, Feb. 3 at 7 p.m. the Main Library, Costin Room.
* The presentation on the Textile Museum with Mr. Jim Coleman, scheduled to take place tomorrow evening at the main Framingham Library, Wednesday, Feb. 2, at 7pm, has been cancelled due to the predicted bad weather. It has been re-scheduled to next Tuesday, Feb. 8 at 7 p.m.in the Main Library Costin Room.
* Mass Bay Community College, including its Framingham campus, closed at 1 p.m. today.
* State Police update -- Massachusetts Turnpike/Tunnels: The Weston State Police barracks has responded to one crash with injuries, a rollover at mile marker 113, and four spinouts. The State Police Tunnels Barracks is on scene at the ramp from Leverett Circle to Route 93 southbound, where a tractor-trailer flatbed is hauling a damaged tractor. The Charlton Barracks has responded to two crashes with injuries and 17 spinouts. The Westfield Barracks, the westernmost Mass Pike barracks, has responded to four motor vehicle crashes, four stranded trucks, and 10 spinouts. Speed restrictions (40 mph) and prohibitions on propane carriers and tandem units remain in place.
UPDATED at 2 p.m. with tax bill information
UPDATED at 4;30 p.m. with Library early closing and chamber