The leaves are falling, which means lots of yard work is in store.
Beginning next week, DPW will collect yard waste curbside on your trash day. Here are the weeks for curbside collection:
Brush (branches, sticks, and other natural wood waste less than 4 inches in diameter and 4 feet in length): weeks of Oct. 22 and Dec. 3.
Leaves (including grass and vegetative plant waste): begins the week of October 29 and continues every week in November (refer to calendar for holiday delays).
Download the yard waste calendar from the Town website: http://www.framinghamma.gov/DocumentView.aspx?DID=5026.
Please remember these important guidelines to help us manage yard waste efficiently:
- Yard waste is collected on the same day as your trash; bags, containers and bundles must be placed at the curb by 7 a.m.
- Do NOT use plastic bags for any yard waste (if you do, the bags won’t be collected).
- Use paper bags or reusable containers marked “Yard Waste” only for leaves and grass.
- Brush must be bundled with string or placed in a container marked “Yard Waste.”
- All bundles and containers must not exceed 40 pounds and 35 gallons.
- Pay close attention to which type of yard waste is collected each week.
We appreciate your cooperation in separating yard waste appropriately. Brush and leaves/grass are collected separately because we recycle them in different ways: brush is ground into natural wood mulch, and leaves/grass/plants are turned into compost.
Don’t forget that the yard waste facility is open during autumn (weather permitting) for residents to drop off yard waste Friday and Saturday, 8am-3pm, and Sunday, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. (a valid Recycling Center permit is required). Please follow the above guidelines for separating yard waste at the drop off facility (more details available on the Town website: http://www.framinghamma.gov/index.aspx?NID=1083).
Thinking about composting? Don't forget to save some of your leaves to add carbon to your compost pile throughout the coming year.
Questions on yard waste collection? Please contact the Solid Waste Management Division at email@example.com or 508-532-6001.