Invite a friend
''Woody Sed'' - A Woody Guthrie Tribute In Song and Story by Thomas Jones
Ticket Prices:$18 (Stu/Sen $17, Mem $15 Child U12 $9)
It's been 100 years since Woody Guthrie was born in Oklahoma and started off on his vagabond life with folk music and protest songs - but today's Occupy demonstrators need to know: how did Woody do it - and why? Woody Guthrie's music lifted people's spirits when they faced the Great Depression. And they inspired Thomas Jones to bring Woody to life in his own words. ". . .his performance is absolutely unforgettable," Star Phoenix. A man of many talents, Thomas worked in mask, mime, puppetry, kabuki, improv and clown; he's starred in Dylan Thomas's Adventures of the Skin Trade, as Lucky in Samuel Beckett's Waiting for Godot, and as Bilbo in The Hobbit. Thomas brings these strengths to this tragic and impossibly optimistic tale of Woody's life.
More About Amazing Things Arts Center
Visiting the Amazing Things Arts Center Framingham residents can discover music, visual arts, theatre, children's programming and more. The Center has produced more than 1,000 events with more than 35,000 attendees since it opened in May 2005.
The Center has more than 500 members and almost 200 volunteers. Amazing Things hosts more than 300 events a year under the leadership of Director Michael Moran
Originally housed in a storefront in Saxonville, in May 2007 Framingham Town Hall Meeting voted to lease the historic downtown Hollis Street Firehouse to Amazing Things Arts Center for $1 a year for 50 years. Afterwards, the Amazing Things Board raised more than $250,000 in cash and resources donated to renovate the firehouse to its present condition.
Membership levels start at $35 for students and senior citizens. Family membership range from $60 to $1,000.
Other events here
- Choro das 3 Fri, May 31, 8:00 pm
- Jim's Big Ego Sat, Jun 1, 8:00 pm
- Mae Buckley's Live - Jazz Five Sun, Jun 2, 2:00 pm
- Paul Rishell and Annie Raines w/ Rich Brown opening Fri, Jun 7, 8:00 pm
- Paul Rishell & Annie Raines in Concert Fri, Jun 7, 8:00 pm
- Natraj featuring special guest Indian classical vocal maestro Madhuvanti Bhide Sat, Jun 8, 8:00 pm
- Frank Sugrue - CD Release "Edge" - Luke McNeil Opens Fri, Jun 14, 8:00 pm
- Juliet and the Lonesome Romeos Sat, Jun 15, 8:00 pm