1. Vacation is over. School is back in session today. Please drive safely this morning, as snowbanks are blocking some roads and school bus stops.
2. Framingham Selectmen Chair Dennis Giombetti will be the guest speaker at the Framingham Rotary Club meeting luncheon today at Ken's Steak House from 12:15 to 1:30 p.m. Cost is $20 for non-members.
For additional information contact Bob Schecter at 508-820-7789 or visit www.Framinghamrotary.org
3. The Framingham Cultural Council is scheduled to meet tonight at 8 at the Framingham Parks & Recreation office at 154 Pearl St.
4. Framingham residents who would like to exclude their property from mosquito control spraying this summer must send a certified letter to the Framingham Town Clerk by March 1.
The letter should include your name, address, telephone number and the spray program for which the exclusion is requested. In addition the boundaries of the property should be marked every 50 feet by orange surveyors tape or other appropriate means. The type of markings should be stated in the certified letter.
Questions on pesticide applications by the East Middlesex Mosquito Control Project or the process to exclude properties from spraying can be answered by calling 781-899-5730.
5. In Case You Missed It: Both the principal at Framingham High School and Walsh Middle School may be leaving the Framingham Public Schools. Both are finalists for positions in other MetroWest communities.
- Framingham High Principal Mike Welch is one of three finalists for the Westborough Superintendent post.
- Walsh Principal Teresa Carney is a finalist to be a middle school principal in Natick.