1. Framingham Farmers Market will be open today, Aug. 22 from noon to 5:30 p.m. on the Framingham Centre Common.
Some of the scheduled vendors include Hanson's Farm, Silvia's Farm, Globe Fish, Great Harvest Bread, Cookie Lady Treats, Julie's Z Breads, Natick Organic Farms Fudge n' Stuff, Copicut Farms, Smokin' Jay's BBQ, El Recreo Coffee, Little Beehive, etc..
In the community outreach tent this week is Focus on Veterans.
A new vendor this season is Pies on the Fly. Learn more about the Newton company, by clicking here.
2. Earlier this week's the town's new Health Director began working for Framingham. Click here to learn more about him.
3. Former Framingham Town Meeting member William B. Yacus, 87, died, Monday, Aug. 19. A Naval Veteran of World War II, he was a corporator of Framingham Union Hospital.
4. Police have made no arrest in the armed robbery of a pizza parlor Tuesday night. A hooded man robbed Family Style Pizza at 5:30 p.m. at gun point. Click here for additional details.
5. Looking for something to do tonight?
Consider attending round 3 of the Battle of the Teen Bands event at SKYBOKX 109, located at 319 Speen St. in Natick. The line-up tonight:
- Red Fox Motel: 8 to 8:20 p.m.
- Spacefist: 8:40 to 9 p.m.
- Pacifists at War: 9:20 to 9:40 p.m.