1. Tonight is the home opener for Framingham High football team. They will battle Waltham High at Bowditch Field at 7. The Flyers lost to Franklin earlier this month and will be looking for their first win of the season. Framingham Patch will have a photographer at the game and post a slide show later.
2. Did you know that 3 out of 4 children are not as secure as they should be because their car seats are not installed correctly?
CCLC of Framingham Childcare Center has partnered with Boston Children's Hospital and Safe Kids Massachusetts to hold a free car seat check today at 11 a.m. at its 770 Cochituate Rd. location. Call 508-390-2700 if you have questions or click here for more details.
3. Framingham High girls swim team has a meet against Weymouth tonight at 7.
4. Earlier this week, Gov. Deval Patrick signed legislation that means 17-year-olds will now be treated as juveniles in the Massachusetts criminal justice system. Massachusetts became the 39th state to classify people under the age of 18 as juveniles. Previously, 17-year-olds were tried as adults. The state can still try a teen, 17, as an adult if the crime is serious enough under this new legislation. Click here for more details.
5. The Framingham High boys hockey team is holding its annual 5K run/walk Saturday. You can register the morning of the event.The Biggest Loser winner (from season 10), Patrick House is scheduled to participate in the 5K. For more information and how to register, click here.