Selectmen recently gave permission for the Route 9 hand-made chocolates store to host wine and chocolate pairings for special events.
There is still space available for tonight's Women's Fun Federation event. Cost is $20. To register, click here.
2. The public is invited to a remembrance ceremony for the 12th anniversary of those who lost their lives in the tragic events of September 11, 2001, including the 17 people with ties to Framingham, on Wednesday at the September 11th Living Memorial located at Cushing Memorial Park at 5:30 p.m. Click here for additional details.
3. The Framingham Farmers Market returns to the Downtown Common today from noon to 5:30 p.m. Scheduled vendors include: Hanson’s Farm, Everybody Traveling Massage, Framingham Downtown Renaissance, Full Circle Arts, Oil paintings by Dave Gehman and the Kennedy Community Health Center.
Attendees can also order Farmers Market specialty sandwiches via FresCafé (82 Concord St.) at 508-879-2233. The specialty sandwiches are made from ingredients straight from market! Options this week are:
- Eggplant Melt
- Greek Salad w/tuna or chicken
- Cuban Sandwich w/fries
- Fres Café Club
- Green Monster Omlette
Framingham Farmers Market Favorite items can be purchased at the manager's tent in limited quantities. They include: Great Harvest Bread; Velma’s Kettle Corn; El Recreo Coffee; Town Farm & Garden jams; Little Beehive Honey and Hedgie’s Salsa
Free parking is available at the TD Bank lot, at 1 Park St.
4. Exciting news for Framingham soccer fans. The 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup champion Brazil will meet Portugal, the world’s sixth-ranked team, in a match at Gillette Stadium tonight, Sept. 10. Kickoff is set for 8:30 p.m. For more information, click here.
5. Framingham Police and Fire departments are investigating a 2-alarm fire at 1490 Concord St. Sunday night. The two-story multi-use building housed the former Robert Wagner Plumbing company and apartments. Click here for more details.