- U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren will join Democratic congressional nominee Katherine Clark to kick off Clark's get out and vote rally at Framingham State University's Justin McCarthy Center at 3 p.m.
- Republican candidate Frank Addivinola is holding a fundraiser at Ken's Steakhouse on Route 9 in Framingham with Framingham resident Mary Z. Connaughton and political commentator Howie Carr from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Carr will be signing copies of his new book.
Voters in the 5th congressional district will elect a new U.S. Representative on Tuesday, Dec. 10. The special election was needed when former representative Ed Markey, became Massachusetts' junior senator.
2. The Deluxe Depot Diner still has plans to come to downtown Framingham, but an opening will not take place until 2014, as closing issues continue.
Town Manager Bob Halpin told Framingham Selectmen he "continues to serve as an intermediary between the seller of the old train depot building on Waverly Street (Route 135) and the buyer who proposes to open the Deluxe Depot Diner."
A closing was scheduled on Friday, Nov. 22 but was delayed when a question involving the MBTA arose at the last minute, said Halpin.
State Rep. Christopher Walsh helped resolve that question, but now the closing has been delayed until between Dec. 6-12, said Halpin.
Framingham Patch first reported back in March 2013, that after successfully opening two diners in Newton and Watertown, restaurateur Don Levy wanted to turn downtown Framingham's empty train depot into his third restaurant.
3. Andrea Henry brings her family and school-focused comedy to Amazing Things Arts Center in downtown Framingham tonight at 7:30. Tickets can be purchased at the door for $6 ($5 for members).
The holiday season show will also serve as a benefit for First Parish in Framingham Church food drive.Those who donate a non-perishable food item will receive a voucher on for a free brownie or comparable item at the snack bar.
Andrea Henry (http://www.andreahenry.com/about.html) frequently opens for top Boston comics, delighting savvy audiences with bits about her life as a mother, wife, and college counselor. Other funny, fan-favorite open-miquers slated to join tonight include
- Storytellers: Libby Franck, PJ Karr, and Brendyn Schneider
- Comics: Michael Keating, Steven Wheeler, and Joey Friedman
- Zany Singer-Songwriter: Dan Hart
- Comedy-Magic Entertainer: Malik Haddadi
4. PTO meeting tonight Wilson Elementary at 7. Hemenway Elementary has been rescheduled to Dec. 11.
5. In Case You Missed It: A small cream-colored Maltese dog was found Tuesday around 4 p.m. in the road on Old Conn Path near Lovering. The dog had no collar. Click here to see a photo.