Former state Sen. Katherine Clark, a Democrat , was elected the U.S. Representative for the 5th Congressional District on Tuesday defeating her three male challengers.
Clark was elected to fill the unfinished term of former U.S. Rep Ed Markey, who was elected the state's junior senator earlier this year. She will need to run again for her seat in 2014.
"The Massachusetts Fifth, from Revere to Cambridge, Waltham to Framingham, is home to some of this country’s and the world’s most respected universities and innovative companies," Clark said in the statement after being sworn in. "We are deeply proud of these incredible institutions. But what defines the Fifth District is its families." Click here for more.
2. Tomorrow, is the 26th Annual Framingham Auxiliary Police Craft Fair at Keefe Tech from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission $2.50 for adults and children under age 12 are free.
3. The Framingham High School Show Choir will perform at the Callahan Senior Center at 3 p.m.
4. We could see our first major snowstorm of the season this weekend. Weekend forecast:
- Saturday: Cloudy with patchy light snow & flurries by 1-3pm...some accumulation likely -- especially along the coast. Highs from 22-30. Steadier/heavier snow & mix arrives after dark. Plowable snow likely with a changeover to rain in downtown Boston & South Shore between 2-7 a.m. Sunday.
- Sunday: Early morning snow & coastal mix will quickly taper to flurries with some late day sun. Blustery & cold. Highs from 30-35.
5. In Case You Missed It: A movie filmed on Route 135 earlier this year was nominated for 7 Golden Globe awards. The movie opens in theatres this weekend.