1. Framingham School Committee is scheduled to meet tonight at 7:30 in the King Administration Building.
2. Local residents and immigrant newcomers will come together across the state to build stronger relationships, including the Town of Framingham, during National Welcoming Week - Sept. 15-22. Today, Welcoming Framingham will host "Everyone is Welcome Here" Outreach Day from noon to 4 p.m. at the downtown Framingham Farmers' Market.
3. Framingham Selectmen are scheduled to meet at 7 tonight in the Memorial Building. Some of the items on the agenda include an update on the EPA's plan to cap Reservoir 2, an update on the agreement between the town and the MWRA on the Sudbury Aqueduct Trail and discussion on the formation of a Framingham Veterans Council.
4. The Framingham Zoning Board of Appeals will continue its hearing on the Marist property at 7 p.m. tonight in the Memorial Building. Walden Behavioral Care is requesting a special permit. Tonight, the ZBA's consultant will give his opinion on the applicant's traffic study..
5. The President has asked that the American flag be flown at half staff until sunset, Friday. Sept. 20.
"As a mark of respect for the victims of the senseless acts of violence perpetrated on September 16, 2013, at the Washington Navy Yard, by the authority vested in me as President of the United States by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, I hereby order that the flag of the United States shall be flown at half-staff at the White House and upon all public buildings and grounds, at all military posts and naval stations, and on all naval vessels of the Federal Government in the District of Columbia and throughout the United States and its Territories and possessions until sunset, September 20"