Models for the Spring Into Summer Fashion Show and Afternoon Tea represented three of the four middle schools in town, two library trustees and the chair of the Framingham School Committee.
Fashions were by designer Carol Anderson of Carol Anderson By Invitation Only (cabionline.com); and 10% of the sales proceeds for pieces from the collection ordered at the event were donated to the Foundation.
The idea of the fashion show was by the Homework Center's Teen Advisory Board. Its members include: Yazeed Alsherie, Lizzie Capite, Kiera Donovan, Melissa Escalante, Hodan Gudal, Cali Lemtoni, Adam Levine, Hannah Levine, Lily Macklin, Amanda Passos, Isabella Petroni, Dominique Smith, Tatiana Torres and Catherine Turner.
Fashion show models were:
- Walsh Middle School Principal Teresa Carney
- McAuliffe Charter School Executive Director Kristin Harrison
- Cameron Middle School Principal Michelle Melick
- Framingham School Committee Bev Hugo
- Framingham Downtown Renaissance Executive Director Holli Andrews
- Library Foundation President Ruth Winett
- Library Trustees Chair Liz Fideler
- Judy Levine
- Susan Bliss
- Vanessa Gatlin
As an outreach initiative, the Homework Center also offers tutoring at each of the town's middle schools one afternoon each week.
The Trustees of the Framingham Public Library established the Framingham Public Library Foundation to create a legacy for the future of both Framingham libraries. The Foundation’s short-term goal is to raise $600,000 to help offset the cost of building a new McAuliffe Branch Library.
Updated with additional photos. Originally posted on Sunday, June 1.