Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. Outback Steakhouse is coming to Framingham, according to the sign at the construction happening at the former Big Papi's location.
2. There is a free yoga class for veterans at Edwards Church tonight at 6.
3. Frank, who doesn't represent Framingham, announced in Nov. 2011 he would be retiring. He has been a U.S. Representative since 1981. Republican Sean Bielat, whom Frank defeated in 2010, and Democrat Joe Kennedy III are vying for the fourth congressional district.
4. Sunday was the 13th Annual Eastern Bank Flutie 5K road race at MetroWest Medical Center at Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick, benefitting the Doug Flutie Jr. Foundation for Autism, located here in Framingham.
5. And if you filed for a tax extension, guess what? Your time is up. Taxes are due today, Oct. 15.