Homeowners its time to Spring into action!
Well the snow is finally starting to melt. And like all New Englanders you can start to feel that spring feeling moving in. Like most people you are probably starting to think about cleaning out the garage, sweeping all that sand off the driveway and getting thoughts together for the outside.
If you are considering selling your house you have probably already started, and now is the time to get going.
The majority of buyers who are looking to move want to be in to their home and settled before school starts.
The average market time in Framingham for the last 3 months of sales and pending stats is currently 112 days, while a typical transaction takes approximately 30 to 60 days; you are currently looking at a close date of July or August if you list your home right now.
Of course when the market gets moving, we all hope that the days on market will shorten up as buyers come out of hibernation to get serious.
So now is the time to start getting ready and here a few tips to keep in mind while sprucing up for that first open house!
- Do your exterior yard clean up. Pick up fallen branches and sweep up leftover sand and salt. Put away all shovels left outside. Trim back shrubbery along walks and driveway.
- Be sure entry ways to the home are clean and that all outside lights are in operation. Some people house hunt after work and it’s not inviting to come to a dark house.
- If you’ve been piling up all those winter boots in the mud room, pack them away and put a fresh welcome mat, and if there’s room add some spring flowers.
- Lighten up rooms by keeping drapery and shades open, be sure windows are cleaned. If windows are difficult to clean hire a professional window cleaner. A typical window cleaner charges approximately $12-$15 a windows says Bob at Sunshine Window cleaning services. Clean Windows can really light up a room.
- With a tough winter behind us buyers will want to know about utility costs. Make copies of your winter bills and keep them handy for prospective purchasers.
- PLEASE remove all Christmas decorations, wreaths and outside holiday lights! It’s spring so no plastic Santas!
Put your best foot forward and get moving! Ask your Realtor to do a walk through on your home prior to the listing date to be sure you haven’t overlooked anything. You will appreciate this when you start looking at other homes and the Sellers have done the same. Happy Spring everyone!
This week's installment of Realtor Insight was written by Heidi Zizza Realtor mdm realty www.metrowesthomesandlife.com 508-879-8999