The position was posted earlier this month with a salary range of $68,351 to $81,693.
The director would be responsible for "administrative and technical work in the enforcement and interpretation of environmentally related compliance programs, assisting the Director of Public Health with implementing community health service programs, budget preparation and the development and implementation of new programs; other related work, as required."
- Assigns and reviews the work of Chief Sanitarian, Sanitarians, including inspections of housing, motels, food establishments, ice rinks, tanning, body art and hazardous material facilities; conducts inspections and implements compliance programs; prepares necessary order letters, reports and advisory letters.
- Responsible for the investigation of complaints regarding public health nuisances.
- Evaluates and implements existing environmental programs and resources; develops and directs the implementation of new programs, including hazardous materials, wells, grease trap and asbestos programs.
- Oversees the work of the food consultant; creates monthly inspection lists for Sanitarians, interns and consultants; reviews reports and invoices.
- Assists the Director of Public Health with the preparation of the annual budget, including monitoring payroll expenditures; applies for grants and administers grant funding for designated projects.
- Prepares for monthly Board of Health meetings and meetings of other environmental groups; maintains Board of Health records and updates regulations; proposes new regulations as needed or required.
- Serves as a liaison on environmental issues and programs that involve and/or affect various municipal departments; advises and provides information and technical expertise to other town departments.
- Develops and implements environmental health and education programs; advises, and provides information and documentation to the general public and business owners.
- May act as a hearing officer on various state sanitary codes and local regulatory program violations.
- Performs special projects assigned by the Director of Public Health; and performs additional duties and performs as Acting Director, in the absence of the Director of Public Health.
Looking for a new job, your first job or an additional job? Framingham Patch is here to help with a roundup of what's available in and around town.
Know of an opening that isn't listed here? Share the details in the comments section.
Editor's Note: First published 12:01 a.m.