The job was posted today, Sept 23.
Last week, the state downgraded the status of McCarthy Elementary from a Level 2 school to a Level 3 school.
The math coach would report to: the "Principal with input from Director of Curriculum and Staff Development and/or Director of Educational Operations. If the math coach is assigned to two schools, one of the principals will be designated as the lead evaluator and will elicit input from the other principal."
The posting noted applicants should have "elementary math certification preferred and three or more years of successful classroom teaching experience."
No salary range was posted, but the position would be a part of the Framingham teachers Association contract.
- Work with classroom teachers to improve teaching and learning, through classroom demonstrations, co-teaching, lesson study and mentoring
- Engage teachers, as the school data team co-facilitator and math coach, in the analysis of data from a variety of sources to improve instruction
- Assist teachers as they evaluate students’ strengths and weaknesses and identify appropriate classroom interventions strategies and techniques
- Assist in the development of the district/school professional development programs, including delivering and facilitating math workshops and programs as well as job-embedded activities.
- Assist in ordering math materials for teacher and student use.
- Work collaboratively and participate in district-wide discussions with the K-8 Math Coordinator, Elementary Math Coaches, Middle School Math Department Heads and the Director of Curriculum and Staff Development about math teaching and learning.
- Participate in the review and revision of the district’s Math curriculum
Looking for a new job, your first job or an additional job? Framingham Patch is here to help with a roundup of what's available in and around town.
Know of an opening that isn't listed here? Share the details in the comments section.