With Hurricane Sandy hitting Massachusetts today, the need for up-to-the minute info is even more important.
At Patch, we will be working around-the-clock to cover the storm, but as with of our reporting, the more interaction we get from users the more comprehensive our coverage will be.
Framingham Patch is as much your site as it is ours.
So in the run-up to Sandy, here’s how you can use Patch:
1. Get the news. When we know about storm-related news, so will you. From important town and community announcements, damages, power outages and floods, we’ll have all the news covered 24-7.
2. Comment. Have relevant information to add to the live blog or to an article? Jump in and make a comment. Or post photos. These storm stories will continue to evolve as we speak to more officials and locals. You can be a real-time source by commenting and sharing what you're seeing.
3. Connect with the editor. Local Editor Susan Petroni is reachable at firstname.lastname@example.org, If you have tips, call, email or text to conserve cell phone power. Text her at 508-202-5597.
4. Follow us on Twitter. Before we write an article we tweet the news out to our followers. Want the info the fastest way possible, follow us at www.twitter.com/FraminghamPatch
5. Get the iPhone app. If the power goes out, your smartphone may end up being your only tool for getting the info on what’s going on in your community. Click here to get the Patch app for free on iTunes. Not only can you read news on it, but post photos and videos as well. Show us what you are seeing.
6. Take photos. Please, stay safe during the storm. But any photos you take of the aftermath we will prominently display on Framingham Patch. Email or text them to Susan at 508-202-5597 or upload them directly here.
7. Shoot videos. Same goes for video. Our smartphones have put high-powered video cameras in our pockets. Send clips our way to help us report on the effect of Irene in your backyards.
8. Blog about it. When all settles, scores of your fellow community members will have “I was there” stories to share. Don’t keep them to yourself. Sign up to be a blogger and let your neighbors know how you held up during the storm. To sign up, just email email@example.com.
10. Become a fan of us on Facebook and jump in on the conversations at www.facebook.com/FraminghamPatch