Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. Break out the tissues as today is the first day of kindergarten in the Framingham Public Schools. This is the first year Framingham is offering tuition-free, full-day kindergarten.
2. As the Republican National Campaign continues in Tampa, some Massachusetts Republicans were making phone calls Wednesday night at their campaign office in Framingham. It was a busy office, as state representative Jon Fetherston held a fundraising event at the Republican campaign office on Worcester Road, too. Fetherston is challenging State Rep. Tom Sannicandro, a Democrat, for a district that represents Ashland and part of Framingham. Fetherston is the former chair of the Ashland Selectmen. Fetherston will hold office hours at his campaign office in Ashland - 158A Pond Street (Route 126) from 6-8 tonight. Framingham Patch will have more photos from Wednesday night's fundraiser later.
3. We are loving the submission of back to school photos, but we'd love to see move.
4. And the returns today at the from noon to 5:30 p.m. Framingham Good Time Cycles group will be on hand to do free bike repairs.
This week's vendors include Copicut Farm, EL Silvia Farm, Flats Mentor Farm, Globe Fish, Great Harvest Bread, Handmade Soaps by Jennifer Hoffman, Hanson Farm, Hillside Beef, Lemonade by When Life Gives You Lemons, Natick Organic Farm, Nobscot Artisan Cheese, Pasta by Fior Ditalia, Velma’s Kettle Corn, Westminster Meat and Zoll Cellars Wine. In the Community Outreach tent this week is La Mariposa Canta.
5. Auditions for Zombie Prom, the musical, will be held at the tonight from 6-9 for students entering grades 7-12. Students should prepare either one 32-bar excerpt of a song or two 16-bar excerpts of two different songs. Be prepared to dance. Bring a resume and headshot. Please call ahead if possible 508-875-5554. Walk-ins are also welcome. $25 non-refundable audition fee to be applied to tuition of $375.
Rehearsals will be Tuesdays & Thursdays 6-9 p.m., with show dates Oct. 26-28.