Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. The Framingham Frogs, a parks & recreation swim team, will host Natick and Brookline at 10 a.m. at Keefe Tech's pool for its final regular season swim meet of the season.
2. Meet Cara Natterson, trusted pediatrician and author of The Care & Keeping of You 2, American Girl’s new advice book for older girls today at the American Girl store from 2 to 4 p.m. Dr. Natterson will meet with girls and their families, talk about the book, answer questions and autograph books.
3. Piti Theater presents: To Bee or Not To Bee at Amazing Things Arts Center today at 2:30 p.m. The family show features "Farmer James, who has lost his bees. There is only gruel to eat and now the townspeople (the audience!) have arrived to protest, chanting 'There's no good food, we're in a bad mood.'"
(A clip from the show is attached to this column.)
The performance tells James' comic, tragic and ultimately hopeful story - complete with puppetry, clowning, dance, live music and lots of audience participation. Children can join the actors onstage at the end of the show. Admission is $10 and $8 for members. Tickets can be purchased at the door.
4. Consider dinner at Samba Steak & Sushi tonight.
5. Nobscot Cafe is holding a Budweiser promotion tonight from 9:30 until closing. Sample the new Budweiser Black and listen to the acoustic sounds of Mike and Missy.