Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. There is an Information Session & Tour at the Christa McAuliffe Regional Public Charter School today at 9 a.m.
The deadline to submit an application for admission is Tuesday, Feb. 5 at 5 p.m. Applications may be submitted online at www.mcaulifferegional.org The lottery for admission is scheduled for Feb. 7 at Tuesday, Feb. 5 at 5 p.m. Applications may be submitted online at www.mcaulifferegional.org
Earlier this week, the state voted to allow the regional charter school for students in grades 6-7-8 to increase its enrollment by 33%.
2. Love Yoga? Well, one more person is needed for Framingham Parks & Recreation yoga class on Monday nights. Without an additional person signing up - one of the longest running programs - could be cancelled. Classes are Monday evenings at Brophy School, from 6-7 p.m., starting Feb. 4 and ending March 25. Cost is $55 or $7.85 per class.
Call Elaine at the Parks & Rec. ASAP at 508-532-5960, if you want to join the class.
3. Samba Steak & Sushi is The owners posted on its Facebook page, when they re-open they plan to add a new gift shop area.
4. Gov. Deval Patrick announced Wednesday his former chief of staff William “Mo” Cowan will be the interim senator and will serve until a new senator is elected in the June 25 special election.
5. As an experiment, Framingham Patch blogger Samanatha McGarry and her husband banned their kids from watching TV mid-week (like her Dad did to her.) Find out how the kids reacted and fared, by reading her latest blog post.