Our daily column, 5 Things You Need to Know Today, will help you to get your day started and offer you some fodder for water cooler conversation.
1. Framingham Selectmen are scheduled to meet tonight at 7 p.m. in the Memorial Building. On the agenda is . The Town and the farm are having a disagreement over water. The farm maintains the town and the farm agreed to a gentleman's agreement decades ago when the farm agreed to let the town dig up the farm to install a water system in that part of town. The town maintains that every other business in town pays for its water usage and that its time Eastleigh Farm does too. The owner of the farm has said paying a water bill could put his struggling farm out of business.
"There are tools available to preserve the farm, but free water is not one of them," Town Manager Bob Halpin told Boston.com. He added the farm uses approximately 6,000 gallons of water per day.
2. Looking for tips on how to talk to your kids about the tragic event in Colorado? Framingham resident and Harvard University sociologist Hilary Levey Friedman was on NECN giving advice. Watch here. (And thanks for the plug to Framingham Patch, too!)
3. Framingham School Committee is holding its first meeting in July tonight at 7:30 in the . It will be the first meeting for . On the agenda is policy manual discussion and vote, lease extension and report on School Committee goals for 2012-13.
4. We are in the midst of our There are about 20 categories to vote in. Voting will remain open through 11:59 p.m. on Aug. 17. Today, considering voting for the
5. Framingham Patch is holding a meet the editor tomorrow, July 25, at from 10:30 a.m. to noon. She can show you how to: upload photos and videos to ; use Places, our business directory; and introduce you to Local Voices, a section where members of the community have space for their own blogs to write about what they find interesting or amusing. She can also show . Stop by to discuss a story idea or just to say hello too.